T-shirt printing is gaining widespread popularity as people want to be individual. There are several types of printing that we use for t shirt printing in Dallas that are differ in durability, appearance and prices. Below we describe several techniques that are used most often.
Direct digital printing
This is the most popular and convenient method of applying prints when you need to transfer a small image to clothing. The optimal circulation is 10-15 pieces. The method resembles the operation of a printer that prints on paper: the paint goes directly onto the fabric. This method is suitable for printing small images – 40×60 cm, since the printer size is limited. The printing area should be smooth, without buttons, rhinestones, pockets or locks. This printing method is most suitable for single orders, since wholesale printing is expensive.
The advantages of Direct to garment printing:
- 1. Efficiency – the design appears quickly, it will take 20 minutes to be completely ready, during which time the print can be applied and the item dries.
- 2. Possibility of printing any image and even photographs. The main requirement is high picture quality.
- 3. The print does not stick out on the T-shirt. The thing can be ironed with an iron, as the paint is in the fibers of the fabric.
- 4. Reasonable cost. Applying an image on one item costs 350 rubles, if the company also provides a T-shirt, then the cost is 1,150 rubles.
This method has one drawback – fragility. On average, an image can withstand up to 20 washes and then fade, especially when it comes to dark prints.
Advice! If you choose a T-shirt yourself, then buy cotton items; paint adheres better to natural materials. If the amount of synthetics in the composition is more than 10%, then the paint may begin to fray after the first washes.
The essence of the application technology is more complicated than the first method. It is necessary to cut the color film on a plotter and assemble it into a single pattern, following the principle of appliqué. The picture is fixed onto the item using a heat press. This method is only suitable for applying small drawings, inscriptions or logos.
The most important thing in this method is to use high-quality film, on which the durability of the product depends. We list the important characteristics:
- Thickness. The thinner the film, the more natural the design will look; the thin film is deformed along with the product and can be easily cut on any plotter.
- Compound. The most popular materials are PVC and polyurethane. Italian and Korean manufacturers are considered high quality. Polyurethane is better – it is possible to use the film on any materials, even synthetic ones. Due to its small thickness, it can be applied to all fabrics.
- View. The films differ in appearance; they come with a velvety surface and increased elasticity, which is important when working with thin, reflective materials. A separate group is films with the addition of glitter, metallic, and holographics – with their use, images become 3D.
In order for the finished product to be of high quality, you need to turn to professionals. Advantages of using the applique method:
- – a large selection of films of different sizes, shapes and shades;
- – obtaining a three-dimensional drawing;
- – no restrictions when choosing fabric;
- – high-quality image – the process does not reduce color saturation.
But the main advantage of this method is the preservation of its original appearance. Applications can withstand 50 washes, they do not fade in the sun, and do not deteriorate when ironing and washing. Due to the large selection of colors, a person can realize any ideas when creating a print on a T-shirt.
The disadvantages of this method include:
- – difficulty during work, skill is needed;
- – long-term application.
This method began to be used recently. Transfer paper is used for it; the design is moved using a heat press; ironing is used less often. To make the image look clear, vector raster prints are used. This printing method is used for print runs of up to 50 units.
Advantages of thermal transfers:
- – fast drawing of the color image;
- – maintaining the saturation of shades;
- – resistance to frequent washing;
- – minimal restrictions when choosing fabric;
- – long-term storage of transfers.
The main advantage of this type of printing is its favorable price. Without a T-shirt the cost will be only 300 rubles, and with a cotton T-shirt 1100 rubles.
The disadvantages include:
- – lengthy setup of equipment;
- – the ability to print identical images in one edition.
Whatever printing method you choose, you must properly care for your products and follow the recommendations for washing, ironing and drying. Experts recommend ordering printing on white T-shirts, since images on dark colors are not durable.